License Renewal Date
Last day of birth month annually
CPE Reporting Period
1/1 to 12/31 triennial rolling
20 hours per year
Four (4) hours of professional ethics
Other Subject Area Requirements
- A minimum of 72 hours of the 120 hours earned shall be in subject areas related to the practice of public accounting with at least 8 hours completed each year in the specific areas of accounting, taxation, or assurance, if a CPA’s main area of employment is industry.
- A minimum of 4 hours per year in the subject area of compilation engagements (not compilation and review) if the licensee is actively involved in the supervision or review of compilation engagements for third party reliance, unless the licensee or the licensees firm is enrolled in an approved peer review program.
- Instruction: Repeat presentations of the same course are not granted credit unless the material is substantially different.
- Published Materials: Limited 10 hours per calendar year.
- Self Study: The delivery method must be Interactive and the provider must be Board or NASBA approved or must be the AICPA.
- Blended Learning Programs: Blended learning credit is accepted if the credit amount is within the current rounding rules (0.5 credits after the first full credit).
- Nano Learning: These activities/credit are NOT accepted.
- Instruction: Instructors, discussion leaders or speakers receive CPE credit for actual preparation time up to two times the time for presentation.
- Instructors of university or college courses can claim a maximum of fifteen (15) CPE credits per college credit hour taught to the extent the preparation required for the course maintains or improves their professional competence.
- Partial Credit: Half credits are allowed after the first hour.
- University/college credit: Each semester hour equals 15 CPE hours; each quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours; Non-credit courses: Each classroom hour will equal 1 hr CPE.
Other State Policies
- Structured programs of learning that maintain or increase their professional competence and ability to deliver public accounting services qualify for credit.
- Oklahoma does not pre-approve or pre-qualify any programs or any sponsors.
201 NW 63rd Street, Suite 210
Oklahoma City, OK 73116