License Renewal Date
12/31 of even years.
CPE Reporting Period
1/1 to 12/31 biennially
Four (4) hours of Professional Ethics
Other Subject Area Requirements
- Committee and Firm Meetings: Credit for Committee/Firm Meetings is limited to 25% of the total required credits.
- Instruction: Credit for Instruction is limited to 50% of the total required credits.
- Published Material: Credit for preparation of publications is limited to 25%. In exceptional circumstances, an applicant may request additional credit by submitting the publication to the Board with an explanation of the circumstances which justify a greater credit. The amount of credit awarded for a given publication shall be determined by the Board.
- Non-Approved Subject Areas: Credit may be granted by the Board for subjects other than those specified in the regulations if the licensee can demonstrate that the subjects contribute to professional competence. These credits are limited to 25%.
- Instruction: Credit may be claimed for actual preparation time up to two (2) times the class contact hours.
- Partial Credit: Half hour increments are accepted.
- University credit: Academic credit limited to the following: 1 quarter hour equals 10 CPE hours; 1 semester hour equals 15 CPE hours.
Other State Policies
The Board shall only approve programs from organizations that are EXEMPT (AICPA, NASBA, State Accounting Boards, Professional Firms, Colleges and Universities, Greater Washington Society of CPAs and any other state society) OR courses from providers that are members of NASBA’s National Registry of CPE Sponsors or that are QAS approved.
District of Columbia Board of Accountancy
1100 4th Street, SW – 5th Floor, E500
Washington, District of Columbia 20024
Web address: https://www.dcopla.com/accountancy/